RULES FOR PARTICIPATION 2019
ARTICLE 1. ADMISSION
The works can be presented in any form or style and will be eligible to participate in the Pisa Robot Film Festival 2019 (PRFF2019) if completed after 1 January 2015 and not presented in the previous editions of the PRFF. Works submitted in fiction and animation categories must not exceed 15 minutes (credits included), in the documentary category must not exceed 20 minutes (credits included) while those submitted in the junior-school category must not exceed 10’ (credits included). Works which language is neither Italian nor English, must be subtitled in either English or Italian.
ARTICLE 2. REGISTRATION and ENTRY COSTS
The entry costs for each piece of work presented are:
- Early-bird: EUR 5,00 for payments received by June 30, 2019
- Standard: EUR 15,00 for payments received from 1st to 31st July 2019
- Late: EUR 25,00 for payments received from 1st to 31st August 2019
Registration for the junior school category is free.
Directors and filmmakers must send the following material, for each piece of work submitted:
- Web-link to the proposed work;
- The signed and completed registration form of the work in PDF format (download the PDF or Word file);
- Release according to the regulations in force. Special attention should be paid to underage students, in the JUNIOR SCHOOL category (download the release);
- From 1 to 5 jpeg scene images of at least 2 Mega Pixels;
- 2 photographs of the director in jpeg format of at least 2 Mega Pixels (optional for the junior school category; in alternative, it is possible to provide a picture of the whole class);
- Copies of the bank transfer receipt;
- Web-link to the movie trailer (optional);
- Official movie poster in jpeg format (optional).
Payment should be made by:
Bank transfer to
GREAT Robotics S.r.l.s.
Bank: BANCA DI CREDITO COOPERATIVO DI CASTAGNETO CARDUCCI
CAUSATION: PRFF2018 + title of the work presented
Documentation sent to the Pisa Robot Film Festival will not be returned, but archived for study and/or promotional purposes and/or for the purpose of inclusion in other festivals subject to agreement with the participants.
ARTICLE 3. SUBMISSION
All materials mentioned in Article 2 must be submitted no later than September 1st, 2019 at 23.59 CET to email@example.com with the subject line: “Registration PRFF2019 + TITLE OF THE WORK PRESENTED”.
The film can be sent by link via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using a digital support (such as DVD, USB memory stick, SD card) to the following address:
Festival Internazionale della Robotica
c/o Officine Garibaldi
Via Vincenzo Gioberti, 39, ufficio 4
Failure to do so will lead to exclusion from the competition. Organizers reserve the right to request replacement copies of works considered inadequate for public screening.
ARTICLE 4. SELECTION
Authors whose works are selected by the Pisa Robot Film Festival will be informed by email by September 6th, 2019.
Works will be included in the following categories: FICTION, ANIMATION, DOCUMENTARY, and JUNIOR SCHOOL. This subdivision will be performed if there is a minimum of 5 (five) submissions per category. If not, the organisers may remove one or more categories.
ARTICLE 5. ELIGIBILITY
Works must meet the following conditions, subject to exclusion from the competition:
- Relevant subject, maximum duration and presentation of all material within the terms set.
- The video must not contain obscene, offensive, inappropriate material and shall not violate the privacy, copyright, trademarks and / or intellectual property rights of any person or organization. Participants must not use materials or elements in the video that are subject to third party rights (such as excerpts from other movies, images, audio, music, etc.) unless permission has been obtained prior to the video submission. If the video contains images of minors, the participant must get permission from the parents or legal guardians.
- The organizers reserve the right at any time during the competition to remove or disable any video that does not meet the requirements and / or conditions of participation.
- By participating in the competition, participants accept all terms and conditions of this notice and exempt the organizers of the Pisa Robot Film Festival from any civil and capital liability for damages to persons or things arising from participation in the competition as well as for costs and / or expenses for production, use, the loss of the video.
- Works presented or recognized in other competitions may be included.
ARTICLE 6. JURY
The organizers of the Pisa Robot Film Festival will nominate the Jury. The Jury evaluates all films participating in the contest, regardless of membership category. The decisions made by the juries are final.
Every attempt will be made to appoint jury members from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines. The people who have collaborated in the creation of competing works or are interested in their use cannot be appointed as members of the Jury.
ARTICLE 7. AWARDS
The jury will award the following prizes:
- First Absolute Prize Award for “PISA ROBOT FILM FESTIVAL” and prize money of EUR 500,00 (regardless of the membership category).
- Best Technological Innovation: Award for “Best Technological Innovation” and prize money of EUR 500,00 (regardless of the membership category).
- Fiction Section: Award for “Best Fiction” and prize money of EUR 300,00.
- Documentary Section: Award for “Best Documentary” and prize money of EUR 300,00.
- Animation Section: Award for “Best Short Animation” and prize money of EUR 300,00.
- Junior School Section: Award for “Best short movie Junior School” and prize money of EUR 300,00.
- Best Original Soundtrack: Award for “Best Original Soundtrack” (regardless of the membership category) and prize money of EUR 150,00.
- Best Director: Award for “Best Director” (regardless of the membership category).
- Best Photography: Award for “Best Photo” (regardless of the membership category).
- Best Editing: Award for “Best Editing” (regardless of the membership category).
- Best Screenplay: Award for “Best Screenplay” (regardless of the membership category).
ARTICLE 8. SELECTION CRITERIA
The Jury will express itself on the basis of the following criteria (no particular order):
- Relevant theme
- Quality of research reflected in video
- Significance and potential impact of the message
- Quality of production
- Creativity and overall originality of the video
- Level and quality of technological innovation with respect to: expression, production and fruition
ARTICLE 9. PRIZES
The films admitted to the final will be screened during the Pisa Robot Film Festival, which will be held from 13 to 15 September, 2019 in Pisa (Italy). Prizes will be awarded after the screening of the finalist films and presented directly to the winners or representatives.
Failure to attend the parties concerned (or delegates) implies not awarding the prize.
The award ceremony will take place on September 14th, starting from 21.00 in Stazione Leopolda, Piazza Guerrazzi, 56125 Pisa, Italy (http://www.leopolda.it/contatti/).
Place and time of the award ceremony may vary. Please, keep updated by checking the PRFF web-site.
ARTICLE 10. CONTACTS
For more technical or organizational information write to: email@example.com
To keep up to date , we recommend that you follow us on our web-site: https://pisarobotfilmfestival.com/